We will always answer YES to this question! Here’s why:
- Professional makeup people can minimize a variety of skin imperfections (and we all have them) . Dark circles, fine lines, skin cancer, wrinkles — you name it.
- Makeup artists can help you to look more alert and more youthful. It’s not just about wrinkles and photoshop. You want your eyes to pop and it takes more than just mascara! Your headshots are an investment… don’t cheap out on yourself.
- Matte finish. The last thing you want for your headshot is shiny skin. A professional matte finish is really going to make your skin look younger and healthier.
- Hair! The goal is never to make you look like someone else — but don’t you want to look your best? Coming from home or the office with droopy hair ( or hair that has been exposed to the outdoors) right before you step in front of the camera can be risky. You don’t have to look like an ad for a salon, but you should not look whipped and frizzy!
- CONFIDENCE. What better way to look your best than turning it over to the pros? They will take direction, consult with you about color choices based on the clothing you plan to wear — and even advise you on jewelry. So you get to step in front of the camera knowing you’ve got it all pulled together.
My assistant, Jessiree (below) and I recently re-shot our headshots here in the studio. We chose a bright, natural light look and used one of our favorite makeup artists. As you can see, our ages are vastly different — and we both benefited greatly.
So give yourself every advantage and consider using a professional — and keep it simple!
When is stock photography a good idea for small business? Maybe on a temporary basis if you’re working from a home office and don’t have a team in place, in which case all you may need is a headshot. But a key part of successful branding is promoting what sets you apart. If you’re a small business looking to grow, what you’re really selling is YOU and your team. And we can help.
When you’re knocking on the door at IBM you don’t expect to meet the CEO, but if you’re interested in a more personal business relationship –say you’re looking for a local printing company or bakery — don’t you want to see their working environment on their website? Every small business needs to make that personal connection with their clients and images are key. And the smart people at Entrepreneur.com agree with me.
Lots of BIG businesses spend a lot of money trying to look like small businesses, just to give people the feeling that they’re dealing with a neighbor and not a big, impersonal corporation. Showing your people serving your community builds a sense of trust and encourages those all-important personal referrals that every young business needs –and the cost might be less than you expect.
Combining a few headshots created on site, with some workplace action shots will make you look like a professionally run organization with some big business smarts. Call our studio for a quote and find out how we can help. 972-250-2415
Your headshot is your virtual handshake — don’t shortchange yourself
Join us as we explore new concepts and ideas for business photography for 2017. We understand our corporate clients and also small business owners and entrepreneurs. Their photography needs vary with their marketing and communications needs. We work hard for our clients.
It may start with a mission to upgrade their personal branding — like a simple business headshot. But often our clients our clients are members of a new team or new leadership for the entire corporation. There is so much we can do to get you and your business front and center.
We’ve spent years studying all the components of a compelling business portrait. As a small business, why settle for a simple ID photo when you can sell yourself ? And as a corporate HR or Communications specialist, doesn’t you group need consistency and a professional touch? Wouldn’t you enjoy having your people coached and presented properly? Call us and let’s talk about it!